The 1st4sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Table Tennis qualifies candidates to deliver coaching activities, assisting other more qualified coaches and normally under direct supervision. Following the course, coaches may work independently using the UKCC National Source Group developed resources only. However, it is advised that coaches work alongside other more experienced coaches wherever possible. The course duration is two days both of which will be 8 hour days. It is a pre-requisite for certification to have completed an appropriate Child Protection Workshop, Emergency Life Support Course and have a valid CRB certificate. Please note candidates must be 16 years of age or older.
The qualification is awarded by 1st4sport qualifications, is included on the National Qualifications Framework and has received UKCC endorsement.
Pre – Course Preparation
- This includes pre-course questions and some reading, so that candidates can become familiar with topics covered on the course.
Module 1 Introduction to Coaching #1
- Introduces coaches to the structure of table tennis, the role of a Level 1 coach, coaching philosophy and the type of skills required by a coach.
Module 2 Introduction to Coaching #2
- Coaches will learn about organising safe table tennis activities and have an opportunity to try out basic coaching skills.
Module 3 Technical
- Provides coaches with the knowledge of how to demonstrate a variety of strokes followed by opportunities for coaches to deliver within a group situation and receive feedback. There will also be an introduction to planning sessions.
Coaching Practice + Home Study
- 3 – 6 weeks - Completion of Learning and Assessment Tasks
Module 4 Re-cap and Evaluation
- Coaches share experiences of coaching practice and are introduced to managing behaviour and establishing control of the group.
Module 5 Development of Coaching
- Coaches will have an opportunity to develop their coaching skills through small group activities covering practical skills such as footwork, multi-ball and fun games.
Module 6 Independent Assessment and Internal Assessment
- Completion of independently assessed MCQ/written paper
- Fifteen minute internally assessed practical task with feedback
- Conclusion of course
How much will it cost?
The registration and course fee for L1CCTT is £160, for those candidates requiring Child Protection and Emergency Life Support training, these will be organised by ETTA/TTAW on an additional day, normally at the cost of £25 (Child Protection) and £35 (Emergency Life Support) respectively.
How do I apply?
Go to 'forthcoming course details' and download an application form and send to National Coaching Administrator.